<body>

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Time to Breathe



With the Christmas Portrait Rush over, it's nice to spend a little time out in the crisp, fresh winter air. I enjoyed the ability to just take some pictures of my own kids as they hiked.

My parents and a family friend were our trailguides. I believe the goal was to see some petroglyphs, which we did. But the kids enjoyed the hike and the water of the Agua Fria (we are creative namers here in the Southwest -- Agua Fria means "cold water" -- which is true as the water is cold. Our state tree is the Palo Verde -- "green tree". It makes sense in that the trunk and branches are green as well. But still, the creativity is lacking. My favorite name around here, though, is Table Mesa Road. The literal translation of mesa is "table". I suppose we can be redundant in multiple languages 'round these parts.)

A few of my favorite pictures of the day --













Thanks for stoping by! Have a Happy New Year!
Wendy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy - these are gorgeous!! I just love them.. all the different angles .. and the color!!
And how did you get such great shots out in the Sun?? LOL!!
I can't do it!!
Thanks for sharing - Happy New Year!
Take Care, Julie

6:15 AM  
Blogger Corrie said...

Beautiful and refreshing- the colors are stunning.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love your work. Maybe one day I will be able to take your online photography course! :)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home