<body>

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Photo Class Feelers

My photography skills are what they are because of the one on one help I have received from too many people to count. Those interactions have been invaluable to me.

I have a wonderful photographer friend who I have been working with to fine tune her skills and help her to realize her own personal style and vision. It has been such a joy for me to watch her grow through the process and to truly be a part of her journey. I don't want to lose that momentum as we turn the corner into the new year and she begins to step out more confidently on her own. The two of us have been tossing back and forth a few ideas for how I could continue to see others make incredible strides in their photographic skills, whether they are hobbyists or hoping to some day (maybe soon, maybe later) become a professional.

The final product has been a small-group online class of no more than 6 who would complete a 12 week course consisting of 6 assignments. The classes would be geared towards those using SLR cameras and post production in Photoshop. The classes would also focus mainly on the area of portrait/journalistic photography, as I am not at all proficient in landscape/wildlife areas. I leave that up to the National Geographic guys :) . Each person would get an hour individual one on one chat time with me 6 times throughout the 12 week course, and other helps through the class forum from both me and the other potential classmates at any time in the 12 week period.

There would be a fee as of yet undetermined, but if there is interest, I'm thinking of offering the first course at a highly discounted rate (read: possibly free) for various reasons (mostly because the first class would be the guinea pigs for getting technical things like the forum and the chats and wording for assignments and such worked out).

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please leave a comment here or email me at wsphotography at cox dot net.

If there is interest I will open it up to registration on a first come first served basis sometime before the first of the year and classes would start mid-January.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
w-

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy, sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I would be very interested.

I will send you an e-mail.

10:11 PM  
Blogger ~Kim said...

I too would be interested, my e*mail has been sent!

~Kim

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like such a wonderful opportunity. I too would be very interested.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested of course, I'd love that..

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raising my hand over here! that sounds like an amazing opportunity.
off to e-mail you...

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jenn :) said...

well DUH...of course I would be all for it.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am TOTALLY interested. :) Sending you an e-mail! :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I sent you an email, too! Sounds great! Thanks ~Anna

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love your style and would be very interested in such an opportunity! I'll email you.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested! But I may be too much of a beginner....

7:33 AM  
Blogger ~Jenn H~ said...

Wendy, I'd be extremely interested, this sounds like an a amazing opportunity. I have a brand new Rebel XT, and would love to know how to use it better.

7:50 AM  
Blogger J.J. said...

hi wendy! totally would love this! So glad my inspiring friend ERIN told me about this opportunity!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy - I think it's a great idea. I can also see how it could be rewarding for you! I know I wuld certainly appreciate being selected for this kind of opportunity. I'm sure it would be worth every penny! Please add me to your list.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Hi Wendy, I'm Erins Aunt from California and I would love, love, love to sign up for any class you were offering. My e-mail address is on it's way, thanks.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great opportunity. I would also be very interested. I will send an email.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jen Rogers said...

i would like to sign up...i am very interested and have been looking for something along theses lines to "guide" me along...jennifer

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jen Rogers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Me! Me! Me!
I've bugged you enough for help for free.
I would definitely pay to pick your brain!!!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goblot said...

Might be too late for me, but I'd be interested as well :)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! I have really been in a photographic slump lately and this is just what I need!!!

5:21 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I would definitely be interested - sounds awesome!!!

Sent you an email :)

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi wendy- this sounds wonderful...please add me to your list of people interested ;o)

lindey magee
at hotmail dot com

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am VERY interested as well! I have been "searching" for something like this and this would fit in perfectly with my familylife and around my work schedule! I will keep watching to see more details!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

test

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea, and i'm not the only one to think so! Sign me up... don't know what I would photograph though.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the March class full? If so, is there a list for the next class?

Shelly Triano
4tri@sbcglobal.net

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, don't know how to send an email through this, please sign me up for your next opening!
photosbyjaime@yahoo.com

-JaimeP

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are up still offering classes? I see your post is from Dec, 2006. Yes, I would be very interested dependent on some issues, put very interested.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't provide e-mail with last comment so here it is: rockymtnhigh@mchsi.com

3:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Can't wait to start your classes.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home